This is a quick, no bake snack that can be made in minutes using nutritious ingredients such as oats, peanut butter and almonds.
Enjoy these on the go while shopping or doing errands for a kick of energy. Send these to school with your kids for a snack. Or simply have for dessert.
Ingredients (For 6-8 protein balls)
2/3 cup of rolled oats
4 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
Handful of sliced almonds
Handful of milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of no flavor protein powder ( optional)
1/4 cup water
- Place oats, peanut butter, protein powder, almonds and chocolates chips in a bowl. Start mixing with wooden spoon.
- Add 1/3 of the water, then mix again with the spoon letting water get absorbed.
- Add honey and continue mixing with the spoon in a knitting like motion.
- Add rest of the water and continue “knitting” until uniform and the water has been absorbed
- With your hands, form mixture into small balls.
- Place on a platter and refrigerate for about 15 minutes before eating.