Saturday mornings are for lounging around and OATS.
What you’ll need:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries from Trader Joe’s
- Handful of sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of apple butter
*Pre diabetics and diabetics: skip the honey and apple butter
- 1 serving = 1/4 c uncooked oats = 1 CHO exchange = 15 grams CHO
- Boil water. Add oats. Lower heat. Cook for 7-9 mins. I find that perfect time is 7-8 mins.
- Add to bowl then add toppings.
- Make some coffee.
Why is everyone talking about oatmeal?
It is nutritious and has several health benefits that include helping lower risk of heart disease, controlling blood glucose and improving gut health.